Vision: Impacting the Community and future leaders through Quality Education
Mission: Shero Foundation is empowering the Community of future leaders, through providing mentorship for children to equip then with competencies and resources required to thrive
- SHERO Foundation started 12 years ago as a passion project and a personal social responsibility Agenda for Ciru but incorporated as a foundation in 2021.
- It started off as a sanitary towels project funded by my salary.
- Over time, friends started contributing to the agenda and we were able to give the sanitary towels to more girls.
Our aim is
- Equip today’s child with life skills and competencies fit for purpose for the new world.
- Give girls dignity and decency through sexual health training and provision of hygiene packs(Research Sponsored by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation)
- 65% of women and girls in Kenya unable to afford sanitary pads.
- Only 50% of girls say that they openly discuss menstruation at home. Just 32% of rural schools have a private place for girls to change their menstrual product.
- And only 12% of girls in Kenya would be comfortable receiving the information from their mother and 1 in 4 girls do not associate menstruation with pregnancy
- Students (12yrs – 19yrs) – the future leaders
- Teachers – our partners in the mentorship clubs and hygiene packs distribution
- The parents whose support we need in molding our future leaders
- Corporate and individual partners who make it possible to fulfill our mission
- Provide mentorship for children to inspire hope and make them understand that THEY CAN!
- Impact future leaders and equip them with competencies required to thrive in future and provoke their minds to possibilities beyond their current ‘world’.
- Maintain the dignity and decency of the girl child by providing hygiene packs and educating them on sexual health and hygiene.